Learn more about becoming a Badger Foundation member today!
Welcome to the Tucson High School Badger Foundation
The Foundation is a nonprofit, charitable organization founded in 1982 to enable alumni, parents, community members, and business leaders to support the continued excellence of the education provided to our young people at Tucson High (now known as Tucson High Magnet School). The Foundation’s goal is supported by the fact that, throughout the United States, people are recognizing the importance of a strong and supportive educational environment in maximizing the potential of each student.
We hope that you will join the members of the Badger Foundation in supporting Tucson High’s students, faculty, administration, and alumni in their efforts to ensure that Tucson High’s traditions of excellence and achievement in academics, athletics, fine arts and technology will continue well into the future.
Tucson High Badger Foundation Scholarship
The Badger Foundation is pleased to offer the following scholarship opportunities to graduating Seniors provided that the recipient meets the eligibility requirements:
Two (2) Scholarships for Pima Community College: $3,000 per year for two years.
Two (2) Scholarships for an Arizona Public 4-year University (UA, ASU, NAU): $4,000 per year for two years.
One (1) Giving Tuesday Scholarship for Pima Community College: $3,000 for one year.
One Private Donor Award for $300.00 offered by the Adrianna Herman Family.
All applications are currently open and will close on Friday March 18, 2022.
Adriana Herman Scholarship
On behalf of the Adriana Herman family, the Badger Foundation is posting an additional scholarship opportunity for the graduating Class of 2022. Applications are online only. READ all the information provided and collect the documents required before you submit an application. Once you start the application online the application MUST BE COMPLETED IN ONE SESSION.
Applications accepted from Monday, February 14, 2022 and close on Friday, March 18, 2022 at midnight.
- THMS Senior graduating in 2022
- Minimum weighted High School GPA of 2.5 for Pima Community College OR a weighted GPA of 3.0 for a four-year university.
- Attending college or university for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Be the first person in your family to attend college.
Scholarship Request Information:
- A WEIGHTED transcript that documents your GPA through Quarter 2 coursework to include work in progress for the second semester. Request your transcript from your counselor. DO NOT USE PARCHMENT.
- Submit two letters of recommendation:
- First letter must be from your high school counselor OR high school teacher
- Second letter must be from your coach, employer, community leader, volunteer supervisor, or pastor
- Letters of recommendation cannot be from someone who is related to you by blood, marriage or adoption.
- Complete a 500-maximum word essay addressing the following questions:
- Identify a teacher who influenced you positively and explain how.
- How will you use that influence to help you in the future?What is your planned field of study?
- How important is education to realizing your goal(s)?